2018 Resolutions | 2018 | 2/52
Sometimes I find it hard to sit down and make a list of goals I want to achieve. I think it’s often equal parts laziness and fear of failure from my inner procrastinator-perfectionist. I stumbled across this prompt from Lauren Conrad's site. It only has eight items, yet covers a variety of goal categories:
Here are some of my responses:
- One of the bad habits I want to break in the new year is negative self-talk. I am often my own worst enemy and it prevents me from taking chances. I'm going to work harder at is replacing the negative self-talk with positive encouragement.
- I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. I hear the food is amazing and the people are super friendly, but haven't had the chance to visit yet. Hopefully, that changes this year!
- I'm going to work harder at putting myself out there in social situations. My social anxiety is no joke, but I want to work on making it more manageable and making connections with new people.
- I'd love to be able to stick to my blog schedule! My project for 2018 is to create and maintain this blog and I hope to see it through.
- I'd love to take a writing or foreign language class. I took Spanish in high school and even minored in Spanish in college, but I'm still no where near being fluent. Also, I find writing very therapeutic and would love to explore that hobby more. Plus, I want to improve my grammar and editing skills.
- I'd like to spend more time seeing my friends and family. I definitely don't get to see them as often as I'd like.
- I want (read: NEED) to eat more veggies. I'm usually someone who loves all kinds of vegetables (EXCEPT onions), but lately I've been avoiding them like the plague.
- I want to wear more dresses, skirts and shorts. I'm not a fan of any clothing that shows off my legs. I want to try something different, and it's way too hot in the summer to wear skinny jeans like i usually do.
What are some of your answers for this 2018 resolution prompt? Feel free to share them below!
Here's to us making sure they all come true!